At King & Drury, we are experts at delivering high-end refurbishments, renovations and new build properties. With both domestic and commercial clients across Sussex, our work ranges from listed buildings to contemporary projects.
Our experienced team offers a full complement of design and build services – so whether you’ve already drawn up detailed plans or just have an idea, we can help you realise your vision. In fact, we can provide you with any combination of services, including:
- Feasibility studies for land opportunities
- Planning submission
- Construction drawings
- Bill of quantities
- Procurement schedules and programmes
- Building warranties
At King & Drury, the customer always comes first. At the start of a project, we spend as much time with the client as needed to ensure all details and costs are agreed from the outset – this way there are no unexpected charges further down the line.
During construction, our conscientious and professional team will go out of their way to not only minimise disruption to your life, but to your neighbours’ lives too. Simply put, your home will be treated as a home, not a building site.
We pride ourselves on our customer service – just because we’ve handed over the keys, that doesn’t mean our job is done. We remain just as attentive during the aftercare process as through the build itself.
- We start by meeting with the client or architect to talk through the construction objectives and constraints. This is the first opportunity to take your initial ideas and start turning them into sketched plans. At this point, we will also look into the planning conditions, site configuration and impact on neighbouring properties.
- After the initial meeting, we now produce or are supplied with concept drawings. At this stage we can apply historic construction costs to provide a guide on the build costs - this way, we can successfully match the design to the client's budget.
- The next step is the submission of planning drawings. We can also act as the nominated contact through the planning process and provide representation in committee meetings if needed.
- On receipt of planning permission, we work to get full building regulation drawings. This would often include directing structural engineers, soil investigations and asbestos surveys. We can also start producing an accurate bill of quantities, and include the client's fixtures and fittings to provide a contract sum. Once all items are agreed, we typically enter a contract set out within the joint contract tribunals and administered by the architect or employers agent.
- We're now ready to build your home! During construction, we hold weekly meetings to ensure good communication amongst our team, the architect and client. We also provide weekly progress summaries, including photos of the project. This way you can see your home develop even when you can't be there.